(but this is not the end- read on!) Today, we announce that Crossfire Radio becomes RevolutionRadio.Online! Revolution Radio Online is the new name for Crossfire Radio, as the station embarks on an exciting new phase of its development. CFR has been the premiere independent internet rock radio station for the last 3 and a half years and was the brainchild of Robin Ellis & Darren Smithson. Unlike the vast majority of internet radio shows, CFR was and remains a fully licensed internet radio station, with legally acquired music also a mandatory commitment from all our Djs. The station was set up in a completely revolutionary way, with satellite home studios linking into a central server, with DJs and listeners interacting via our Forum and FB show groups, and a first class website offering music related news, articles, blogs and Playback pods and so on- not to mention our Artificial Intelligence DJ application, Dee Jap. Initially solely a hard rock and metal station, new DJs and shows over time changed the overall direction of the station so, whilst still rock focused, it offered a far more comprehensive set of rock genres, as well as related music genres and experimental formats- some of which were not to the original vision that Robin had for the station, especially when the two channels- CFR Rock & CFRXtra- had to temporarily merge due to an impending studio relocation. Robin therefore decided to leave the management of the station to Darren and the station manager Bonnie Foster, and is taking a break overall due to a significant relocation, though he still hopes to return with his show late 2019. All this coincided with issues with our radio host, L2MR, who had become increasingly unreliable and unwilling to work with the station. Darren and Bonnie therefore decided to move the hosting to a new partner, SHOUTca.st, who offered a whole different approach to working in partnership, and also brought with them some fantastic new online tools, that created new opportunities for development. Because of this, Darren and Bonnie decided to revisit the name and branding of the station, feeling that Crossfire Radio didn't really say what the station was about in these changing times. Added to this was the problem of the sheer number of other stations called Crossfire Radio, as well as the Chrysler Crossfire car Radio! The pair took a road trip during the summer holidays and brainstormed ideas, though they hit on a new name almost instantly. Right from the beginning our branding had always used the word "revolution", and the tag "Join the Revolution" has been a constant phrase for a number of years. With the new web address ".online" now available, we suddenly had three elements that said exactly what we did- Radio, Online in a Revolutionary way. And so Revolution Radio Online was born. RRO is now in a period of consolidation, with the two previous channels now permanently merged into the new RevolutionONE channel, and our DJs and listeners getting used to the broadcast of differing genre shows on the one channel. The station's output will still remain at least 80% rock and metal (or genres thereof, including Blues Rock, alternative rock, goth and so on), with the remaining 20% comprising of alternative pop, experimental and/or magazine style programmes. Once we have everything in place, we will begin a new recruitment phase for a metal only show for Tuesday nights, as well as a weekend rock breakfast show, and a new 3 days a week afternoon show. The Revolution has just begun.