Jul 10, 2018

Comment here for DBRS #150 : 16-07-18

98 comments

Well, I am sure we all remember the awesome previous co-productions of Doc and Del's Blues Rock, Burdoc Blues Rock, Doc and the Earl's Blues Rock, Doc Martin's Blues Rock and the Doc and The Dame's various blues shows? SO........ for my 150th Show (nearly 3 years of listening to my dulcet tones!!) we have a mega co-production from all 5 of them! 7 or 8 songs selected by each of them (and a couple from me) and what a doozy this is gonna be.

So what to expect? BB King, Joe Bonamassa, Chantel McGregor, Gregg and Duane Allman, Beth Hart, Rebecca Downes, Rory Gallagher, Sonny Landreth, Joe Louis Walker, Samantha Fish, Bernard Allison, Popa Chubby, Micky Moody, Danny Bryant, Groundhogs, Gary Moore and many many more. Could be a late one Blues Brothers and Sisters! Get the beer in!! Thanks (as ever) to Dame Pen for the poster.

Jul 16, 2018

Happy Anniversary Doc and the DBRS! Sadly I don't know if I will be around as my dad has had a bad fall and we're just waiting to see what's happening re hospitals and things, so if I don't post that's where I will most likely be. But as it's an anniversary I think it should probably go on Playback so will catch it then.

Jul 16, 2018

Thanks Baron. Appreciated and get well soon to your dad.

Jul 16, 2018

And who else could we start off with than the G Man? See you all at 7pm.

Jul 16, 2018

HAPPY 150TH SHOW DOC!!! and hey everyone xx

Jul 16, 2018

Hiya Dame Pen and thanks. xx

Jul 16, 2018

Good evening Doc, congratulations on reaching show 150,here's to many more to come Sir.

Jul 16, 2018

Good evening Dame Penny I hope you have had a great weekend. XX

Jul 16, 2018

thanks rob it was lovely to see them xx

Jul 16, 2018

Good evening Darren I hope your dad will be OK and feeling better soon mate.

Jul 16, 2018

Hiya Rob and thanks.

• After the last few weeks of special events and themed shows, we go back to the normal (!) routine of mostly standard length songs (3 to 6 minutes) with one theme - great Blues and Blues-Rock! So what to expect? The usual suspects like Rory Gallagher, Nimmos, Rebecca Downes, BB King. John Lee Hooker, Walter Trout, King King, Joe Bonamassa, Chantel McGregor, Voodoo Sheiks, Smokeys King Shufflers, Laurence Jones and the like. We will have a 'First Look' at Paul Gillings (some Folky-Blues) AND Andy Lindquist (former Heart guitarist) and a couple of tracks from the next Ben Poole CD - a Live one, due out in the new year. Gonna have a chilled-out evening presenting some of my favourite tracks and artists. Come and join us at 7 pm on Monday on RevolutionONE. You know it makes sense!
  • This week we are going long.... VERY long, with all songs over seven minutes long (only 22 songs in the playlist) with tracks from Humble Pie, Chantel McGregor, Connie Lush, Rory Gallagher, The Nimmo Brothers, The Boulton Brothers Band, The Allman Betts Band, Eric Clapton, BB King, Smokey's King Shufflers, Catfish, Dani Wilde and JST, amongst others. The 'Live At The Doc's Blues Bowl' will feature Walter Trout, Joe Bonamassa and John Mayall. It's gonna be a doozy Blues Brothers and Sisters. You don't wanna miss this one! Join us at 7 pm on Monday on RevolutionONE for some awesome music (even if I say so myself).
  • We will have a middle hour relating to all things 'Treasonable' with it being Bonfire Night this week, with tracks from Joanne Shaw Taylor, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Samantha Fish, Smokey's King Shufflers, Julian Sas, Elles Bailey, Danny Bryant, Rory Gallagher, John Mayall, Gov't Mule, Xander and many more. The Live At The Doc's Blues Bowl will have Tom Killner, Sonny Landreth (ft Eric Clapton) and Walter Trout. Come and join us Blues Brothers and Sisters at 7 pm on Monday, for your weekly dose of all things blues-rock, only on RevolutionONE.

© 2015-2019  All text and images on this page are the copyright of Revolution Radio and respective owners  and may not be used without prior permission

• Facebook Basic Black
  • SoundCloud Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black