Jul 21, 2018

Comment here for DBRS #151 : 23-07-18

74 comments

Edited: Jul 23, 2018

After last week's party atmosphere of DBRS #150, this week we return to normal (if there is such a thing on the DBRS!) with tracks from The Voodoo Sheiks, Nick Steed Five, Buddy Guy, Sonny Landreth, Toby Lee, Bernard Allison, John Mayall etc PLUS some New To The Doc's from Judy Brown, Andres Roots, Flo Bauer Blues Project, JP Soars, The Bennett Brothers, Bruce Katz Band AND a 26 minute Live At The Doc's Blues Bowl of The Achievers, Annee 2 CU Blues Band, Beth Hart and Rory Gallagher.

Hope you can join me at 7pm on Monday.

Jul 21, 2018

Happy birthday to Annee 2cu, hope you are having a great time celebrating. XX

Jul 23, 2018

And kicking us off tonight we have Mr John Mayall - 'Nuff Said!

Jul 23, 2018

Good evening Doc and my fellow bluesmeisters, I hope everybody has had a great weekend.

I am listening in whilst finishing off my job search, so won't be interacting much.

Jul 23, 2018

evening bluesters :) xx

Jul 23, 2018

Hiya Dame Pen and Rob.

Jul 23, 2018

Evening Doc & fellow Bluesters, we're listening but just waking up and sorting out food so won't be posting much at the mo.

Jul 23, 2018

Hiya Baron and Miss Peeps.

Jul 23, 2018

Andres Roots

• After the last few weeks of special events and themed shows, we go back to the normal (!) routine of mostly standard length songs (3 to 6 minutes) with one theme - great Blues and Blues-Rock! So what to expect? The usual suspects like Rory Gallagher, Nimmos, Rebecca Downes, BB King. John Lee Hooker, Walter Trout, King King, Joe Bonamassa, Chantel McGregor, Voodoo Sheiks, Smokeys King Shufflers, Laurence Jones and the like. We will have a 'First Look' at Paul Gillings (some Folky-Blues) AND Andy Lindquist (former Heart guitarist) and a couple of tracks from the next Ben Poole CD - a Live one, due out in the new year. Gonna have a chilled-out evening presenting some of my favourite tracks and artists. Come and join us at 7 pm on Monday on RevolutionONE. You know it makes sense!
  • This week we are going long.... VERY long, with all songs over seven minutes long (only 22 songs in the playlist) with tracks from Humble Pie, Chantel McGregor, Connie Lush, Rory Gallagher, The Nimmo Brothers, The Boulton Brothers Band, The Allman Betts Band, Eric Clapton, BB King, Smokey's King Shufflers, Catfish, Dani Wilde and JST, amongst others. The 'Live At The Doc's Blues Bowl' will feature Walter Trout, Joe Bonamassa and John Mayall. It's gonna be a doozy Blues Brothers and Sisters. You don't wanna miss this one! Join us at 7 pm on Monday on RevolutionONE for some awesome music (even if I say so myself).
  • We will have a middle hour relating to all things 'Treasonable' with it being Bonfire Night this week, with tracks from Joanne Shaw Taylor, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Samantha Fish, Smokey's King Shufflers, Julian Sas, Elles Bailey, Danny Bryant, Rory Gallagher, John Mayall, Gov't Mule, Xander and many more. The Live At The Doc's Blues Bowl will have Tom Killner, Sonny Landreth (ft Eric Clapton) and Walter Trout. Come and join us Blues Brothers and Sisters at 7 pm on Monday, for your weekly dose of all things blues-rock, only on RevolutionONE.

© 2015-2019  All text and images on this page are the copyright of Revolution Radio and respective owners  and may not be used without prior permission

• Facebook Basic Black
  • SoundCloud Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black