Dec 11, 2018

COMMENT HERE FOR THE DBRS #172 : 17-12-18

170 comments

Edited: Dec 16, 2018

As this will be the last Doc's Blues-Rock Show of the year (out with my bro on Xmas Eve and The Baron and The Rev have a special on NYE), we will have the Blues Review of 2018. A selection of the top albums of the year including Joe Bonamassa, Tom Killner, The Voodoo Sheiks, Sari Schorr, DC Blues, Danny Bryant, Crystal Shawanda, Billy F Gibbons, Beth Hart, The Achievers, Niecie, Mike Zito, John Mayall and many more. Including my personal choices of the top 10 albums of the year.

Dec 17, 2018

Right you lovely Blues Brothers and Sisters out there. I have finally narrowed it down to my Top 50 Blues and Blues-Rock Albums of 2018. Running time is 3 and a half hours - so get plenty of supplies in! The Top 10 will be broadcast in reverse order. Who made the cut? Sorry but you will have to wait until this evening to find out. A great year for Blues and Blues-Rock, so you don't wanna miss this one! Kicking us off at 7 pm sharp we have Mr Bernard Allison with Blues Party - which it's sure to be!!

Dec 17, 2018

Good evening Doc and my fellow bluesmeisters, I hope everybody is fine and has had a brilliant weekend.

Dec 17, 2018

Hiya Rob. All good here mate. Thanks.

Dec 17, 2018

Hi mate- been very busy and tiring and still working on stuff but not to bad ta.

Dec 17, 2018

Good evening Lurkio Peeps. XX

Dec 17, 2018

Hiya Miss Peeps. x

Dec 17, 2018

Evening Doc and fellow bluesters

So need some cool blues to relax to, been a hell of a couple of days and still at it now

Dec 17, 2018

Hiya Baron. Cool blues guaranteed.

Dec 17, 2018

Good evening Darren.

Dec 17, 2018

evening bluesters xx

Dec 17, 2018

Hiya Pen. xx

Dec 17, 2018

Good evening Dame Penny. XX

Dec 17, 2018

FFS I have to restart my computer (the posting one)- don't play anything good that I need to post on til I'm back lol

Dec 17, 2018

Next Up!

Dec 17, 2018

You beat me to it Doc. 😂🤣😆

Dec 17, 2018

What do you mean???? ;)

Dec 17, 2018

🤣 😂 😆.

Dec 17, 2018

Just a thought that was all!!

• After the last few weeks of special events and themed shows, we go back to the normal (!) routine of mostly standard length songs (3 to 6 minutes) with one theme - great Blues and Blues-Rock! So what to expect? The usual suspects like Rory Gallagher, Nimmos, Rebecca Downes, BB King. John Lee Hooker, Walter Trout, King King, Joe Bonamassa, Chantel McGregor, Voodoo Sheiks, Smokeys King Shufflers, Laurence Jones and the like. We will have a 'First Look' at Paul Gillings (some Folky-Blues) AND Andy Lindquist (former Heart guitarist) and a couple of tracks from the next Ben Poole CD - a Live one, due out in the new year. Gonna have a chilled-out evening presenting some of my favourite tracks and artists. Come and join us at 7 pm on Monday on RevolutionONE. You know it makes sense!
  • This week we are going long.... VERY long, with all songs over seven minutes long (only 22 songs in the playlist) with tracks from Humble Pie, Chantel McGregor, Connie Lush, Rory Gallagher, The Nimmo Brothers, The Boulton Brothers Band, The Allman Betts Band, Eric Clapton, BB King, Smokey's King Shufflers, Catfish, Dani Wilde and JST, amongst others. The 'Live At The Doc's Blues Bowl' will feature Walter Trout, Joe Bonamassa and John Mayall. It's gonna be a doozy Blues Brothers and Sisters. You don't wanna miss this one! Join us at 7 pm on Monday on RevolutionONE for some awesome music (even if I say so myself).
  • We will have a middle hour relating to all things 'Treasonable' with it being Bonfire Night this week, with tracks from Joanne Shaw Taylor, Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Samantha Fish, Smokey's King Shufflers, Julian Sas, Elles Bailey, Danny Bryant, Rory Gallagher, John Mayall, Gov't Mule, Xander and many more. The Live At The Doc's Blues Bowl will have Tom Killner, Sonny Landreth (ft Eric Clapton) and Walter Trout. Come and join us Blues Brothers and Sisters at 7 pm on Monday, for your weekly dose of all things blues-rock, only on RevolutionONE.

© 2015-2019  All text and images on this page are the copyright of Revolution Radio and respective owners  and may not be used without prior permission

• Facebook Basic Black
  • SoundCloud Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black